The Truck Chutes
- Do not walk under or work beneath chutes. Chutes are heavy, even when empty; loaded chutes are extremely heavy. Serious injury or fatality may result should a chute break and collapse on a person working below.
- When working around chutes, be aware that they can move.
- Chutes can swing with great force or collapse.
- Don’t add any more chutes than the truck carries (3 chutes max). Approximately reach 14’ from the back of the truck.
Working Around The Truck
- Be aware that the truck may be moved during the placement of concrete. Stay away from the truck.
- Stay out of the driver’s blind spots. Drivers cannot see directly behind their trucks. Do not park or place objects behind the truck.
- Watch for low wires that may become entangled in the truck.
Position of The Truck
- Whenever possible, position the truck so that it is perpendicular (not parallel) to an excavated area.
- Whenever possible, try to maintain a truck distance of 1 foot away from excavation or trench for every 1 foot in depth.